Tag - NINIOLA
FULL NAME: NINIOLA APATA
D.O.B: DECEMBER 15TH, 1986
Niniola Apata popularly known as Niniola is a talented Nigerian afro-house singer, songwriter, and performer born on December 15, 1986.
She’s from a polygamous family and has a younger sister named Teni, also a singer.
Niniola is a beautiful, gorgeous, and versatile singer whose genre of music comprises folk music, House music, and Afro-house, a blend of afrobeat and House music.
She got her breakthrough with the release of her first official single “Ibadi” in 2014 as produced by Sarz and ever since then she has not to stop dishing out good music from Soke, J’ete, Magun, Saro, Shaba to Maradona and Sicker.
Here are the 15 other interesting things you don’t know about her.
1. She was born and raised in Lagos state. She’s originally a native of Ekiti state.
2. She attended Apata Memorial high school for her primary and secondary education.
3. She studied Biology Education at the University of Lagos.
4. Niniola started music professionally in 2014.207481
5. She’s signed to Drumroll records.
7. She released her first album “This Is Me” where most of the tracks are in local languages such as Yoruba and Swahili.
8. Her music influence includes the likes of Dolly Parton, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Brandy, Angelique Kidjo, Kenny Rogers, Whitney Houston, Madonna, and so on.
9. She came to the limelight after emerging third runner-up at the MTN Project Fame West Africa.
10. Niniola is not married. She’s in a relationship but not with someone in the industry.
11. She has worked with the likes of Seyi Shay, DJ Spinall, Johnny Drille, Mr Real, Eddy Kenzo, DJ Snake, and so on.
12. Her two singles “Ibadi” and “Gbowode” were used as soundtracks in season 2 of the Nigerian drama series “Gidi Up”.
13. She’s got so many nominations including Best Female MPV at Soundcity MPV Awards and Best Vocal Performance for ‘Saro’ at the 2018 Headies Awards.
14. She has also won numerous awards which include Most Promising Female Artiste at Green Awards 2015 and Youth Artiste Of The Year at Maya Awards 2018.
15. Niniola Apata who earns her money from music sales and show bookings, is one of the most influential Nigerian female artists with an estimated net worth of $1.7 million dollars.